Monday, May 30, 2011

The Greatness of being an Amateur

    As a young college student, I and fellow students have great opportunities that our elder intellects do not. We have the power of a fresh new look and the courage to explore in theories. I'm not going to say that the elders do not have great opportunities but I am going to emphasis the greatness of amateurs. We are the potential of knowledge.
    Though I'm untrained and have a vast amount of information that needs to be considered, I have the ability to slip my mind into any of the fundamental theories and access them from a fresh point of view. I can dare to stand in a position that others hesitate on. I am free to be wrong without the assumption of being right. As an amateur I am free!
    When an amateur makes a mistake its a learning experience, but when the experienced are wrong then its a career set back. When an amateur is correct then much pride and glory is given, but when the experienced is right it is expected. This is truly a time to cherish as it will perish with time.
    This is a unique experience that can truly set the fundamental blocks of something greater. I urge the teachers of amateurs to respect and acknowledge this once in a lifetime experience. Teachers need to nourish this in our students and dare them to stand out. Only then will we be able to see the hidden truths that this world has to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment