Friday, May 27, 2011

Picky, Picky, Picky

   Now I have to admit that I sound like a redneck and my grammar often sucks. I'm a West Texan that moved to Indiana, what do you expect? I find a big difference in language 'errors', that a lot of my peers who hold intelligence as high up as I do, with a different spot light. Really just get your point across! Now I do know that maintaining a certain degree of proper grammar is a necessity if you wish to accomplish that goal. In the situations that make your point unclear then yes fix your grammar. However many so called intellects take this to a whole new level.
   I understand the differences with two, to, and too but really when someone starts to make some event over a misplaced too I wanna slap them for calling themselves an intellect. Its like intellects cannot make an error or that they cannot just realize that a typo has happened. I have heard people completely throw out something because of a wrongly placed too, at least if its coming from someone that is an amateur (and it is not their language teacher). Let one of their idols make the error and all of a sudden its just a typo. Now this is not to be mistaken that I do not respect or understand a comment to correct it.
   I am not a fan of George W. Bush but I got sick of hearing all the times a person used his mispronouncing of a word to be a reason to say he is wrong. People where capable of telling us what the word was that he mispronounced and yes George W. may want to learn this, so that is shows the people that he has experience with the issue. Honestly though we cannot waist our time being peoples auto correcter when other more important issues need to be discussed.
   Now what if I say; you wanna go do somethin! Now can you tell me what I am saying? If you can't should you reassess that you claim yourself an intellect? Intellects typically have a desire to get things right which is great and I support that in all ways, but great ideas come out of nowhere and ignoring something cause of a misspelling or the wrong 'too' is what I think retarded. Words are only what we make of them and I think that intellects forget this.
   If you want to be a writer then grammar is important for the most part and probably more so. There is a limit of just to damn picky. Don't discredit someones intelligence for having improper grammar or misplacing a word or two, discredit them for improper logic. Not everyone is a English, or whatever language you speak, expert. Be productive on your corrections when you find someone brilliant. Instead of just ridiculing, suggest and enlighten. Explain what a reader could perceive their statement as with this error. If it does not affect the meaning of the sentence or paragraph then really is that important to have it proper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment